Innovation how can we help build new ideas, channels, markets
Phase 1 - Development of an Innovation Culture & Program
1) Develop a way to source ideas from the organization (Ideation)- Capturing assumptions: Once we have chosen the ideas to work on, we then need to capture our assumptions about the ideas. In these early stages, we will spend time thinking about who the customers are, what needs they have and how we might solve these
Run Ideation Workshops
- At ideation workshops, people aren’t just be sitting around in a dimly lit boardroom waiting for the next round of snacks — instead, they’re pushing themselves to think differently.
- Invite everyone to join the quest for new ideas
- Involve customers in the process of generating ideas
- Involve their customers in new ways
- Focus on the needs that customers don’t express
- Seek ideas from new customer groups
- Involve suppliers in product innovation
- Benchmark idea-creation methods
- Observe - What do we notice?
- Hypothesis - What causes the idea to be like this?
- Experiment - How can this hypothesis be tested?
- Refine - What does the data tell me?
- Validate - Is this is a reliable consistent outcome?
Design Thinking & Lean UX & Agile
How we will deliver our ideas and products
Think Tank (Incubator) : Create platforms and opportunities for EVERYONE (internal/external) in the company to share and generate ideas constantly: Think of engaging events like Ideathon, Pizza night, crowd sourcing platforms, etc.
Growth Board: Growth Board evaluates opportunities and fund those that have potentially working hypothesis in solving the problems
How the volunteer army works – combines three approaches
•Design Thinking / Human Centric Design — This brings ideas and tools from the world of architecture and product design with a strong focus on human-centered design. It brings the customer perspective into the heart of the innovation process.
•Lean Startup — This provides the iteration engine, building out a hypothesis for an innovation through multiple cycles.
•Agile — This keys into the Lean Startup cycle and builds out the supporting technology solution. In later cycles, and as an innovation scales, it works with other approaches, such as DevOps, to take the solution into core systems.
•Once more baked the hypothesis transfers out of the network and into a product backlog